|Min. Price:||from $2.90 Per Pill|
|Bestseller Price:||60 pills x 10mg – $250.20|
|How to Order?|
Valium is a synthetic drug widely used in medicine with a hypnotic, soothing, anticonvulsant, anti-anxiety, amnestic and muscle relaxant effect.
Pharmacological action of Valium
The active substance of Valium is diazepam, which has a pronounced sedative, muscle relaxant, hypnotic and anticonvulsant effect.
During therapy, blood vessels dilate, resulting in a decrease in blood pressure. The drug is effective for the treatment of convulsive paroxysms against the background of epilepsy, obsessive and phobic disorders, sleep disorders. The drug is administered orally, intravenously and intramuscularly, while the sedative effect develops most quickly after intravenous administration (after a few minutes).
Method of administration and dosage
The dose size and duration of Valium use can only be prescribed by a specialist, taking into account the type of pathology and the severity of its clinical manifestations.
The standard recommended doses are often as follows:
- during the treatment of phobias with neuroses, as well as angina pectoris, hypochondriacal or hysterical disorders, neurological pathologies of a degenerative type and violations of blood pressure indicators, it is required to take the deug 2-3 times a day in an amount of 5-10 mg;
- when eliminating polyarthritis, arthritis or arthrosis, as well as other joint diseases, you should take 5 mg of the drug 1-4 times a day (the doctor determines the more accurate number of receptions);
- with alcoholic withdrawal syndrome, it is required to consume 5 mg of Valium 3-4 times a day;
- for the treatment of vertebral syndrome, take the drug in the amount of 10 mg 4 times a day (at the same time, you need to adhere to bed rest);
- to eliminate menopausal, menstrual or psychosomatic disorders, as well as gestosis, Valium pills are taken in the amount of 2-5 mg 3 times a day.
Elderly or weakened people, as well as patients suffering from atherosclerosis, should take the drug twice a day at an initial dose of 2 mg. Then, the dose is gradually increased until the required medicinal effect is achieved.
In adults, therapy is usually carried out according to the following scheme: intake of half of 5 mg pill (that is, 2.5 mg of drug) 1-2 times per knock or taking the whole pill (5 mg) in the evening.
The sizes of children’s doses are calculated taking into account the age of the patient:
- for 1-3 years – a dose of 1 mg;
- for ages 3-7 years – taking 2 mg;
- children over 7 years old – a dose of 3-5 mg.
Indications for the use
It is used to eliminate such disorders as:
- anxiety disorders;
- spasm caused by local trauma in the musculature of the skeleton;
- spastic disorders due to cerebrospinal lesions. Among these are cerebral palsy, as well as athetosis and tetanus;
- arthritis with myositis and bursitis, as well as rheumatic type spondyloarthritis and progressive polyarthritis (chronic form);
- vertebral syndrome, tension, headaches and angina, as well as arthrosis, in which skeletal muscle tension is observed;
- an abstinent state, which manifests itself in the form of a feeling of tension, anxiety and excitement, and also in the form of tremors and transient reactive states.
As an adjunct in combined treatment, it is used for such problems as:
- increase in blood pressure indicators;
- psychosomatic disorders in the field of obstetrics and gynecology (including menopause, menstrual disorders, and gestosis);
- ulcers inside the 12-duodenum or stomach;
- eczema and other dermatological diseases in which irritability with itching is observed;
- Meniere’s syndrome;
- intoxication with drugs.
In addition, Valium is used before performing endoscopic procedures, general anesthesia and surgical operations (as a means of premedication).
According to the instructions, Valium has a stable therapeutic effect after 2-7 days of use. When using it against the background of withdrawal syndrome, which develops with chronic alcoholism, the drug helps to get rid of hallucinations and reduce the severity of other symptoms such as tremor, agitation and delirium.