Summary: An herb-studded pork roast wears a coat of crunchy bread crumbs and a sweet and tangy mustard and currant jelly sauce.
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary leaves
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme leaves
- 1 (2 1/2 pound) boneless pork loin roast
- 1/2 cup red currant jelly
- 1/4 cup Dijon-style mustard
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup Swanson® Chicken Broth (regular, Natural Goodness™ or Certified Organic)
- 1/4 cup whole-wheat bread crumbs
- Vegetable cooking spray
- Mix rosemary, parsley and thyme. Cut small slits into surface of roast and stuff herb mixture into slits. Place in roasting pan. Roast at 325 degrees F for 1 hour.
- Mix jelly, mustard, cornstarch and broth in saucepan. Cook and stir until mixture boils and thickens. Spoon about 1/4 cup broth mixture over roast. Sprinkle with bread crumbs and spray with cooking spray.
- Roast 45 minutes or until done. Let stand 10 minutes. Serve with remaining broth mixture.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 1 hour(s) 45 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 8