Summary: Quick, simple, and delicious. The perfect recipe to cook the perfect steak indoors.
- 1 1/2 pounds bone-in T-bone steak
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. A half-hour before cooking, remove steak from refrigerator.
- Heat a large skillet over high heat. Pat steak dry and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Add oil to hot skillet and when it begins to smoke add steak. Reduce heat slightly and cook steak until browned, about 4 minutes on each side.
- Transfer skillet to the oven. Roast until an instant-read thermometer inserted sideways into the steak registers 120 degrees F for medium-rare, about 6 to 8 minutes.
- Transfer steak to a cutting board and let it rest for 10 minutes. Cut steak from the bone and carve meat across the grain.
For medium-rare, about 6 to 8 minutes.
Preparation time: 5 minute(s)
Cooking time: 15 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 2